MANILA – The Mandaluyong Regional Trial Court (RTC) has declared a two-week lockdown after a prosecutor tested positive for coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19).

In a memorandum issued on Monday, Acting Executive Judge Ofelia Calo said the lockdown will be in effect “beginning June 15, 2020 until June 29, 2020, unless the lockdown is earlier lifted and upon proper notice to all concerned”.

Disinfection of the new hall of justice was undertaken on June 13 but Calo said she “deems it prudent” to direct all RTC and Metropolitan Trial Court judges and personnel to undergo self-quarantine.

During the period, no one shall be allowed to enter the hall of justice but court operations shall continue through their hotlines and judiciary e-mail accounts.

Under the directive, previously scheduled hearings via videoconferencing shall proceed. (Photo and article via PNA)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: